Most people want to be successful. Success is glorious, desirable, and brings many benefits. While this is true, most people are not willing to pay the high price tag success requires. Here are 4 items success requires. Lean and adapt them to move yourself toward success. 1. Belief Success requires believing in yourself and that […]
“The emotionally intelligent person is skilled in four areas: identifying emotions, using emotions, understanding emotions, and regulating emotions.” ~John Mayer
repost With the beginning of the year many people set New Year’s resolutions or have goals for the coming year. However, you will need to adapt and live by certain principles if you want to turn your dreams or goals into reality. The 6 principles below can help you to start and stick with whatever […]
Harriet Tubman said, “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” Almost every leader I’ve ever talked with has big ambitions and dreams of the future, of the things they want to achieve both […]
In Three Morning Habits all Leaders should Cultivate, I wrote about filling your inward cup, eating healthy food options, and planning. Below is an infographic of the morning habits of Richard Branson, Barack Obama, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Bruce Lee. Leisurejobs.com Question: what are your morning habits? Subscribe to Dan Black on Leadership to receive fresh […]
“People who have good relationships at home are more effective in the marketplace.” ~Zig Ziglar
In the first part of The 6 Principles to Help You to Achieve Success this Year we discussed the principle of self-leadership, influence, and initiative. If you adapt these principles into your life they can help you to reach your goals and obtain your dreams. They lead you to be successful in the areas you […]
“No masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artist.” ~ Anonymous
With the beginning of the year many people set New Year’s resolutions or have goals for the coming year. However, you will need to adapt and live by certain principles if you want to turn your dreams or goals into reality. The 6 principles below can help you to start and stick with whatever you […]
Coach Bill Snyder’s 16 Goals for Success
1. Commitment- To common goals and to being successful.
2. Unselfishness- There is no “I” in TEAM.
3. Unity- Come together as never before.
4. Improve- Everyday… as a player, person, and student.
5. Be tough- Mentally and physically.
6. Self-discipline- Do it right, don’t accept less.
7. Great effort
9. Eliminate Mistakes- Don’t beat yourself.
10. Never give up
11. Don’t accept losing- If you do so one time, it will be easy to do so for the rest of your life.
12. No self-limitations- Expect more of yourself.
13. Expect to win- And truly believe we will.
14. Consistency- Your very, very best every time.
15. Leadership- Everyone can set an example.
16. Responsibility- You are responsible for your own performance.
You can read about Coach Snyder’s goals in his own words in his book They Said It Couldn’t Be Done.
“Success is a matter of understanding and religiously practicing specific, simple habits that always lead to success.” ~Robert J. Ringer