I recently read these 19 instructions on life from Dalai Lama and thought I would share them. They are some great life and leadership points we should remember.
1. Take into account that great love and great achievement involves great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the 3 Rs:
Respect for self
respect for others and
responsibility for all your actions
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a friendship.
7. When you realize you made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
Question: Which one of these points is your favorite? Can you think of any more life instructions?