I’m working on a book right now on the topic of how a person can thrive through the different seasons of life and leadership. Each of us have been through or will go through a variety of seasons in our life. Some seasons are good while others are hard or difficult. If we want to move through and excel in the different seasons of life it requires self-leadership and the ability to nourish ourselves.
Nourishment can be defined as the “substance necessary for growth, health, and good condition.” I discovered several nourishment centers that if implemented into your life produce magnificent benefits. These centers will:
- Produce and keep you fueled and energized.
- Allow you to sustain and move through a crisis, difficult seasons, or demanding periods.
- Be the catalyst and needed jump start for getting out of a rut and moving you forward.
- Allow you to move through and excel in the different seasons of life and leadership.
Below are 2 of the nourishment centers that will help you thrive in life and your areas of influence:
In Leadership Beyond Reason author John Townsend said, “Life is essentially about relationships, and it is empty without relationships.” If you want to move through the seasons of life it requires having strong relationships both personally and professionally. People who will be open and honest with you while at the same time be supporting and encouraging are essential. There have been countless times when I was feeling drained, wanting to give up, or in a difficult season of life when a friend supported and lifted me up. This nourishment center is an essential aspect to thriving in life and leadership. Take time to develop an inner circle of people who will support and lift you toward your potential.
The music we hear or play can bring nourishment into our life. This is because music has the power to stir our heart and emotions. Johnny Depp said, “music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” The music you listen to has the potential to:
- Bring restoration and healing from the scars and hard seasons of our life.
- Bring encouragement and inspiration into your life.
- Bring feelings of joy, happiness, thankfulness, and cause you to feel good.
They key is to find the music that touches you on a deep level and then regularly play or listen to it. The next time you’re going through a trying or demanding season or you need a spark of inspiration just play or listen to your favorite music.
Question: How do you thrive through the different seasons of life and leadership?