If you want to see or move to a new level of success then it requires doing the things most people are not willing to do. I have observed many people who have unlimited potential and still never come close to reaching the success they could. It’s important to remember success or being successful is different depending on the individual. However there are indispensable requirements to achieving your desired level of success. Below are 4 indispensable requirements to success:
1. Courage- Courage allows you to move past the unknown, fear, and self limitations, and allows you to be moving toward success. If you want to see success then having and maintaining your courage is essential. I have found many benefits courage brings into a leaders life:
- It allows you to accomplish more than you can think or imagine.
- It grows your self-esteem, self-image, and self-belief.
- It allows you to move outside of your comfort zone.
- It causes you to be a better leader and communicator.
2. Preparation- Being ready and prepared for opportunities is vital to success. Your present and future opportunities can either open or close the door to your success. This happens when you are actively growing and developing, this will allow you to be prepared for opportunity when it comes. One way a leader can be preparing is in Setting up a Personal Development Plan and then be intentional about their growth.
3. Perseverance- Perseverance is the “steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose.”A leader who had perseverance can endure the challenging and demanding seasons of leadership and life. It can and does separate the successful from those who quit. Perseverance over time allows you to be moving from one level of success to another. Determine to be persistent through the difficult times so you reap the rewards of success.
4. Hard work- It’s essential to know your knowledge, IQ, emotional intelligence, and talents do not matter if you’re not willing to work hard. Professional basketball player, Kevin Durant said, “Hard work beats talent when talents won’t work hard.” (Click here to Tweet that) When you have a strong work ethic it’s only a matter of time before you see positive results that lead you toward success. It’s important to be smart in the hard work you put in, focus on putting the most work effort into your areas of purpose, talents, career, and highest priorities.
Questions: What are some other Indispensable requirements of success? Which of these 4 resonates with you the most?