Many people are not living a significant or fulfilled life because they have not found their purpose or talents. One Big Thing by Phil Cooke will help readers discover what they were born to do and then inspire them to live out their purpose and dreams. If you have not found your purpose, then this book will help you start the process and if you have found your purpose it will encourage you to live it out.
The chapter I enjoyed the most was “The Map of Your Future.” In this chapter the author asks and helps you answer several questions which would help you discover your One Big Thing. The questions include,
- “What comes easy to you?”
- “What do you Love?”
- “What drives you Crazy.”
- And “What do you want to leave behind.”
When you begin to think and answer those questions then you will begin to have an idea of what you’re called to do and the areas you should focus on. If you read this book then you will also learn:
- “Practical strategies to help you find your true purpose – and share it with the world.”
- “Keys to discovering the difference between a mere job and a passion-fueled dream.”
- “Tools for cultivating the focus necessary to rise above scattershot mediocrity and excel at your true calling.”
- “Insights for connecting your calling to a cause bigger than yourself.”
- And “Reassurance that pursuing a single-minded dream makes perfect sense- despite how crazy it might look to everyone else.”
I found the book easy to read and very well written. The book is full of relevant and useful stories, examples, and quotes. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to find or clarify their purpose.
Question: Have you read this book? Have you found your life purpose?