In 4 Factors to building a Platform I shared 4 factors to know and think about before building your platform. In this post I would like to share some ways a person can begin to build their platform so they can be increasing their influence and be moving forward.
Ways to build your platform:
- Blog- The past several years the blogging world has exploded, creating a way for anyone to establish influence and authority through their writing. If you want to build your platform then think about starting a blog. Whether you have or are thinking about starting a blog here are two aspects every blogger needs to know:
1. Consistency- When it comes to blogging, consistency is key. Have a goal to write X amount of posts each week then deliver on that goal. I found if you are consistent then people will consistently come back to your blog.
2. Content- Become a good writer who produces unique and quality content. This requires taking the time to become a better writer and finding your writing voice. When you do this people will want to read what you’re writing.
- Speeches or Presentations- If you begin to publicly communicate your message then it helps build your platform. This might be done through speeches or offering trainings. When you do present or give a speech it should be aligned with your niche and passions and you should be adding value.
- Products and resources- Another way to build a platform is to create and produce products or resources. This takes creativity and thinking about what you should produce, and then requires hard work and time to accomplish your product(s). If you do this it will expand your message and expertise.
- Consulting or mentoring-consulting and mentoring others within your area of expertise can help in building your platform. This allows you to bring value to an individual, company, or both. Through helping them become better and advance forward.
- Social media- Social media allows you to connect and network with like minded people. If you want to build a strong platform then begin to connect and build relationships with others through Facebook and Twitter.
Remember if you build a platform it will increase your influence and impact onto others.
Question: Do you have a strategic plan to build your platform?