It’s guest post Monday!!! This post is from Bernard Haynes is a blogger who blogs at Lead to Impact. Make sure to check out his blog and connect with him on Twitter and Facebook. If you would like to be featured on the Guest Post Monday please click here.
How to Win Your Battles
“Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.” Ephesians 6:11
If you are like me, you may have tried to use your own tactics and weapons to fight the enemy, but quickly discovered that his schemes and strategies were more deceptive than you first thought. You may have found that your strength was not enough to stand against his destructive weapons. You really thought you could handle him on your own.
Take a look at what will happen in your life when you wear the whole armor of God and use His weapons.
1. Gird your loins with the belt of truth. Girding your loins with the belt of truth holds your battle armor in place. The belt of truth helps you to walk in integrity and holds your values and character intact. It will help you diffuse the lies of the enemy that tell you God has left you, you will not make it or you will always be down and out.
2. Put on the breastplate of righteousness. When you put on the breast plate of righteousness you are protecting your heart from the fiery darts of the enemy. When your heart is protected it keeps you in tune to God’s direction for your life. The breastplate helps filter your heart from the junk that the world, others and the enemy wants to feed you. Your heart is protected to love, lead and live the right way.
3. Shod your feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace. You wear shoes to protect your feet from injury when walking or running. You like comfortable shoes because they give your feet the comfort they need to support your weight. In the same way, when you shod your feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace you are prepared to stand in the comfort of His peace even in the midst of the storms of life.
4. Take up the shield of faith. The shield of faith allows you to progress forward in your battles when the enemy aims and fires his arrows of evil. Picture yourself carrying the shield of faith in your left hand deflecting the fiery darts of the enemy. You are able to easily deflect the fear, worry and doubt the enemy throws at you.
5. Wear the helmet of Salvation. Wearing the helmet of salvation stabilize your thoughts when the enemy is attacking your mind with his lies, rumors and deceit. With the helmet of salvation you can destroy speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the vision that God has designed for your life.
6. Use the Sword of the Spirit. You are given the privilege to use the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God to wage an all-out assault against the enemy. You don’t have to ever retreat with God’s Word in your heart because it is readily available for instant use. The Word puts you on the offensive against every attack of the enemy by equipping and empowering you for the battles that are present and ahead.
7. Experience the Power of Prayer. Now that you are wearing the whole armor of God it His desire that you progress forward in battle by seeking His face through prayer. It is when you pray that God speaks to you about your purpose (who you are), your vision (where you are going), your values (how you need to live) and your goals (what you need to do).
You can decide today to wear God’s armor and put the enemy on the run. Fighting with God’s armor will give you an offensive attack that will release you from the enemy’s dominion.
“The hero is the man who lets no obstacle prevent him from pursuing the values he has chosen.” Andrew Bernstein
Question: How important are these points to your life and leadership?